Sunday, May 30, 2010

Ohhh ya know, just chillin in Africa

We made it! I'm not going to lie, the airport and the drive to the brothers house was somewhat terrifying. Possibly cause it was dark and we didn't know what we were doing but we made it to the house just fine.

Our rooms are actually air conditioned, and I actually woke up in the middle of the night freezing cold, hahah but I won't have that problem for long. It is humid as heck, the heaviest air I've ever encountered.

Not too many bugs yet. Went to outside mass today. Very similar but people just went up whenever they wanted for communion so that really threw me off. Very laid back atmosphere. Not sure when we're going to Kara, our next destination, but it should be within a few days after we visit the embassy. My apologies for writing like a 3rd grader but I'm scared the internet is going to go out again! Keep praying for me!! The language barrier is really hard right now. Miss my normal way of life, but excited to learn. I'll try to post again as soon as I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment