Sunday, July 25, 2010

home sweet home

I have arrived home safe and sound. The last few days of my trip were very fun and sentimental. All the villagers and brothers and kids were sad to say goodbye. The chief of the village was very thankful and said they now have something to be proud of in their village. All the collaborating and brainstorming and research makes me want to come back next summer and see all these projects through, but we'll see.


I want to say a hugeeee thank you for all those who have supported me through one way or another on this trip. It was very life changing and I can honestly say it's the best decision I've ever made. Seeing people who have literally nothing to their name be so happy and so kind and so generous of their time and efforts really puts a lot into perspective.

They have a common saying in ETHOS and it couldn't be more true..."Students participate in ETHOS to change the world, but the world ends up changing them"

Thank you all for helping me have the best summer of my life:)

No comments:

Post a Comment